These Thick and Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies are slightly crisp on the outside, tender and soft on the inside, plus you just scoop and bake them! No rolling in sugar and pressing with a fork required!
I can’t believe I have been blogging for 3 1/2 years and I have not shared a classic chocolate chip cookie recipe with you! This recipe has a special ingredient in it, and I am going share with you my tricks to get gorgeous, thick, soft cookies!
First things, first. Use quality ingredients! I ALWAYS use Guittard Chocolate Chips. The milk chocolate variety are bigger than the average chocolate chip and are MELT IN YOUR MOUTH DELICIOUS! Semi-sweet are great too!
The reason why I love Guittard is because they don’t put wax fillers in their chocolate. It’s high-quality, legit chocolate, and you can taste the difference! I actually keep a bag of Guittard Milk Chocolate Chips in my pantry to snack on during those chocolate cravings.
Besides chocolate, let’s talk about butter. I had price matched some butter at Walmart a while back and used some of the Great Value brand in the first batch I made for this post. Well, they turned out quite yellow and they spread out more than I had hoped.
I made them again with Land O Lakes Butter and 1/4 cup more flour to help the spreading and I got these gorgeous, light cookies. It definitely pays off to pay a little more for a high quality butter! Check out my instagram post to see the difference! And while we are on the subject of butter…
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- 2½ to 2¾ cup all-purpose flour (start with less, do 1 test cookie, and add more if needed)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 (11-12oz) bag Guittard Milk Chocolate Chips
- Cream the butter and sugars together in a stand mixer with the paddle attachment.
- Add the eggs and vanilla. Mix well, then scrape the bowl.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, and cornstarch in a bowl.
- Add dry ingredients all at once into the butter mixture, and mix just until incorporated.
- TEST COOKIE DOUGH: Scoop 1 test cookie onto a silicone lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 9 to 11 minutes, until just set in the center.
- If the cookie spreads, add ¼ cup more flour to the remaining dough and do another test cookie.
- Scoop the cookie dough onto cool (not warm) silicone lined baking sheets,
- bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 9 to 11 minutes, until just set in the centers. (10 minutes was perfect for my oven.)
- Allow cookies to rest on the cookie sheet for 2 to 3 minutes, then transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool.
- Store cookies in an airtight container.
You can find complete recipes of this Thick and Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies in dessertnowdinnerlater.com