Deep Dish Oatmeal Fudge Bars , Calling all fudge lovers and oatmeal cookie fanatics…this bar is for you! I love making bars because they are fast and so very easy. You don’t have to deal with timers and batches, so they work great when you’re in a hurry!
I was looking on Pinterest for a quick and easy bar to take to a party and this was it! I found this recipe from Megan and Claudy. It was great because I had all the ingredients in the pantry and I bet you do too! These are delectable and the fudge layer melts in your mouth.
The fudge layer, along with the oatmeal cookie, is the perfect combo. Everyone at the party LOVED them and the entire pan was quickly gone! I wouldn’t change a thing, these bars are perfect!
- 1 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 cups oatmeal
In a saucepan over medium heat, melt together
- 1 can eagle’s brand sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Mix the butter, eggs and brown sugar.
- Add vanilla and milk. Slowly incorporate the rest of the dry ingredients.
- Mix well. I prefer using a stand mixer since it’s quite thick.
- Spread 3/4 of the cookie mixture on the bottom of a greased 13×9 pan, pour chocolate mixture,
- then spread rest of cookie mixture on tops in spoonfuls (won’t cover completely-but will leave cool designs).
- The top can tend to get done before it’s completely cooked, so you can put aluminum foil over it for the last five or so if it looks like it’s browning too much.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Let cool, otherwise it won’t set up and will just run when you cut into it.
You can find complete recipes of this Deep Dish Oatmeal Fudge Bars in livingbeyondmeasure.com