Honey Garlic Salmon – garlicky, sweet and sticky salmon with simple ingredients. Takes 20 mins, so good and great for tonight’s dinner.
Little G started school today and my life is back to normal. You know, the regular stay-at-home-mom normal. Waking up, preparing breakfast, getting the kid ready for school, send him to school and then wonder what should I be making for tonight’s dinner.
Today is one of those days, and will be the same for many more days for the rest of the school year. I went to the market and there are some amazing and fresh wild salmon available. Perhaps some garlic noodles with salmon tonight, with his favorite Parmesan roasted cauliflower. I have to say that our dinner has changed a lot with the growing little G.
While he likes Asian food such as rice and noodles, on any given days, his favorite food are still American-style dishes. Well, he is not like me, born and raised in Malaysia. He is an American! Good for him, but also good for me as I learn to make a variety of dishes now.
This honey garlic salmon is very simple, so easy to execute with very little ingredients; honey, garlic, and lemon are pretty much what you need, with the good old salt and black pepper. Start it on the skillet and finish it off with broiling in the oven (I love this extra step to char the surface of the food). A little extra two minutes make the dish so much more better. For busy moms, this honey garlic salmon recipe can be done on the skillet and equally tantalizing!
- 12 oz salmon, cut into 2-3 strips
- Black Pepper
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 lemon, sliced into wedges
- Season the surface of the salmon with salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Set aside.
- Mix the honey, water, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice and a pinch of salt together. Stir to combine well.
- Heat up a skillet with the olive oil. Pan-fry the salmon until half done.
- Add the garlic into the pan until slightly browned.
- Add the honey mixture and lemon wedges into the skillet, reduce the sauce until it’s sticky.
- Finish it off by broiling the salmon in the oven for 1 minute or until the surface becomes slightly charred (optional step).
You can find complete recipes of this Honey Garlic Salmon in rasamalaysia.com