Soft & Chewy Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies – super chewy, bakery style, huge nutella stuffed chocolate chip cookies! So unbelievably soft, moist, and CHEWY!
Okay, this officially one of my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipes EVER. It might even be number 1, because I can’t think of another cookie I’ve had in years, that matches how soft, insanely chewy and perfectly sweet this Nutella stuffed chocolate chip cookie is.
It was about time for a Nutella recipe to rear its beautiful head here, and these huge & chewy Nutella stuffed chocolate chip cookies are an awesome start.
The base chocolate chip cookie recipe is slightly adapted from Lindsay @ Pinch of Yum’s “Best Soft Chocolate Chip Cookie” recipe and it is truly one of the best recipes I’ve ever tried! I like my cookies a teeeeeensy bit sweeter than how hers originally came out, so for the recipe down below, I added a little extra brown sugar. This also helped make the cookies EVEN softer and chewier than it already was!
I’ve made/had a bunch of chocolate chip cookies over the years, but of the ones that claim to be the best, I’ve found a bunch of them to be either too cake-y, too complicated to make, too cloyingly sweet, or they stay soft for one day and turn crisp and hard in 24 hours.
The fact that the chocolate chip cookies aren’t too sweet is perfect because when you add the Nutella, it makes it just sweet enough to satisfy everybody’s dessert or snack cravings.
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) salted butter
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons white sugar
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour + additional flour as needed (I usually add 1-2 tablespoons more!)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- 12 heaping teaspoons Nutella
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spoon about 12 heaping teaspoons (you only need 10, but do 12 in case of mistakes!) of Nutella into balls and place them on the parchment paper.
- Place your sheet into the freezer. (I like to freeze mine overnight!)
- Microwave butter for about 40 seconds, until it’s just barely melted.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until creamy.
- Add the vanilla and egg and beat for about 10-15 seconds, until the egg is just incorporated.
- Slowly add the flour, baking soda and salt. Mix until dough crumbles form.
- (Add more flour 1 tablespoon at a time, until the dough is dry enough to work with!)
- Add the chocolate chips and use your hands to incorporate them into the dough.
- Take your sheet of frozen Nutella out of the freezer.
You can find complete recipes of this SOFT & CHEWY NUTELLA STUFFED CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES in goodmorningcali.com