Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 10 ounces soft caramels, unwrapped
- 1 teaspoon flaked sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9 X 13 inch baking dish with foil and liberally coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the softened butter with both sugars until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs, vanilla, salt, and baking soda.
- Mix well, then scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula.
- Turn the speed to low and add the flour.
- Beat to combine, then mix in the chocolate chips.
- Press half of the cookie dough into the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- In a medium sauce pot,
- add the sweetened condensed milk and unwrapped caramels.
- Set over medium-low heat and stir until the caramels melt,
- making a smooth caramel filling. Pour the filling over the cookie dough base.
- Drop the remaining cookie dough over the caramel filling in small teaspoons-sized clumps.
- Bake the bars for 25-30 minutes, until the center is just set.
- Sprinkle with sea salt flakes and allow the bars to cool completely.
- Then lift the bars out of the pan by the edges of the foil and cut.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
You can find complete recipes of this Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars in aspicyperspective.com