Brown rice—higher in fiber and other nutrients than its white counterpart—is the perfect vehicle for this quick, protein-heavy lunch.
- 4 SERVINGS
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 avocado, chopped
- Hot sauce (for serving)
- Mix scallions, rice, and vinegar in a small bowl; season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Crack eggs into skillet; season with salt and pepper and cook until whites are set around the edges, about 1 minute. Flip eggs and cook to desired doneness, about 30 seconds for a runny yolk.
You can find complete recipes of this Rice Bowl with Fried Egg and Avocado in bonappetit.com