These Fudgy Avocado Brownies with Avocado Frosting are an incredible gluten-free healthier brownie for when you want all the flavour without all the sin.
I wanted to experiment with avocado brownies because I saw they were apparently a thing. Since I was going for a healthier alternative to my mothers brownie recipe, I decided to swap the all-purpose flour for coconut flour and it actually worked super well. The chocolate frosting is magnificent too. So full of rich chocolate flavour – you would never guess it to be nearly sinless!
- 300 g dark chocolate (chopped or chips)
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil
- 2 medium hass avocados, pitted and peeled
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup less 1 Tbsp. coconut flour
For the Avocado Frosting
- One medium sized hass avocado, pitted and peeled
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line the base and sides of a 9 x 13 in pan with parchment paper, allowing some overhang.
- Put the dark chocolate and coconut oil in a bowl set over simmering water, without it touching the water.
- Melt the chocolate, stirring until smooth then remove from heat and set aside.
- Place the avocado into a food processor or blender and process/blend until smooth.
- Stir the avocado, honey and vanilla extract into the cooled chocolate.
- Next, add the eggs, one at a time, making sure each is well mixed before adding the next.
- Stir in the coconut flour and cocoa powder until the batter is smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread to cover the pan and fill the corners. Smooth the top.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the top is firm to the touch.
- Remove from oven and cool completely in the pan before lifting the brownie from the pan.
You can find complete recipes of this Fudgy Avocado Brownies with Avocado Frosting in frugalmomeh.com